The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
"It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium, allocated to schools per FSM pupil, is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibitly"
Source - DfE website
At Carleton Green we have high aspirations and ambitions for our children and we believe that no child should be left behind. We strongly believe that it is not about where you come from but your passion and thirst for knowledge and your dedication and commitment to learning that make the difference between success and failure.
We are determinded to ensure that our children are given every chance to realise their full potential. Pupils premium funding, along with allocations made from the schools own budget will help ensure this money is spent to maximum effect.
Information to be published to parents:
In place of the current requirements regarding information about pupil premium expenditure, schools are now required to publish their 'Pupil Premium Strategy'. This should include:
1. In the previous academic year: 2015-2016
- how the pupil premium allocation was spent
- the impact of the expenditure on eligible and other pupils
2. The current academic year: 2016-2017
- the amount of the school's allocation of pupil premium grant
- details of the main barriers to educational achievement
- how the allocation will be spent to address the barriers and why these approaches were taken
- how the school will measure the impact of the pupil premium
- the date of the next pupil premium strategy review